What does a website cost ?
Basic Website Components and Costs
On average, the following figures can be applied to estimating the cost of a small business website
- AU Domain Name – $37.50 per year – invoiced bi-annual
- Hosting – starting at $10 per month – invoiced annually
- Web planning, design and development time – 60 hours plus
- Continued website maintenance – (see package details for time allocations) – after that any changes are charged at $50 per hour
- Annual website maintenance – If you are after a website that will be maintained weekly/monthly throughout each year this is individually priced as per requirements
Important Factors that Contribute to Website Costs
When preparing to budget web design costs, be sure to ask yourself the following questions:
- Is this a brand new site or a redesign of an existing site?
- Have graphics already been created for the site?
- Do you want the site to automatically resize for mobile and tablets?
- How much content do you currently have and how much will need to be created?
- Do you need other features such as social media, SEO (search engine optimisation) or e-commerce?
- Who is going to maintain the site after it has been launched?
- Do you wish to maintain your own site?
- Do you wish for DESC Designs to manage updates for you?
Further on are things that must be considered when wanting a website. All things considered it is our job to ask you the right questions, to get you to where you want YOUR website to be.
See our PACKAGES for websites
See our PORTFOLIO
Design — also referred to as visual design or the site’s “look-and-feel” — incorporates your branding, all your photos and images. Websites start from as little as $150 to $2,000 to get you from concept through to the final design. Don’t skimp on the design; if you do, today’s visitors won’t give your website a second glance.
Mobile and Responsive Design Costs
Because mobile devices have become critical to online success, your design should be at the very least mobile-friendly. The best designs are “responsive,” meaning designed to automatically adjust their layout to look good and function easily on multiple devices: Smartphone, tablets, and desktop/laptop computers. Most companies place this as an attractive “feature” in designing your site. At DESC Designs this is included as a standard part of every package. We feel that today, every website should be smartphone, tablet and laptop friendly – at no extra cost!
A FINAL NOTE
Your website will be a significant part of your business. DON’T SKIMP on design and development. Ask yourself if you trust who is designing your site and do you like their other work. It should not cost a fortune for web presence, but remember, pay peanut, get monkeys! People of all walks of life use “the web” these days. If you don’t have a comprehensive, easy to use website that is mobile friendly, fast and easy to navigate, people look elsewhere. Don’t be one of “those” website.